Monday, November 2, 2009

Stand-Down Mode from Korean Estrogen Invasion

Tina’s mother and grandmother flew in from Korea on Wednesday and finally left town again yesterday (a day earlier than planned). This week apartment was crowded with Korean estrogen. Since I am the only non-family member, I kept my distance and remained aloof.

During their stay, they decided it would be best to send the housekeeper away. Now that they are gone, Ayi (“nanny” in Chinese) is back. If you recall, I wasn’t too keen on our old Ayi. I thought she was lazy, inefficient, and a thief. It seems she stole 1,000 RMB from Lucy’s bedside dresser. However, the new girl has bumped up the standards.

I’m totally digging the new Ayi. She is a much better cleaner and is pleasant, quiet and always keeping up with us. My laundry no longer feels like an S.O.S. pad and she never tries to do things for me when I obviously feel like doing them myself – although, I admit I enjoy that she occasionally takes the initiative to get the tea stains out of my coffee mugs, since I always do such a poor job of it myself.

Kudos (do people still say that?) to the new Ayi.

No comments: