Saturday, October 31, 2009

Post, Posts, and the Posted

I admit I have been lax in writing for the past week or so. My time staring at the keyboard has been usurped by completing the application process for PhD programs. Finally, on Monday, after many drafts and revisions, I finished writing the last of my essays and writing samples.

On Tuesday, I went into Hangzhou to the International Postal Service and finally mailed off all my application materials. It feels good to be done, even though it has left me utterly broke. Mailing a few simple documents from China to the U.S. costs a ridiculous amount of money. In all, I spent well over $300. However, if the results are positive, it will all be worth it.

The list of programs was long – eleven schools, to be exact. I was a few months in narrowing down the list, but think I would be happy at any of the ones to which I have chosen to apply. Suffice it to say, I’m extremely eager and excited about the prospects of going back to school. The university environment is where I feel most comfortable and content.

With my task now completed, I have more free time on my hands. I hope to use a good deal of that time to get more exercise (which means more walks in Hangzhou) and to write more.

No comments: